Friday, May 28, 2010

Creating an Album from 1975...

Our good friend and bride named Jen came to me recently with a request I have never had before. She wanted me to design an album... for her Mother's wedding. Her Mom's album was deteriorating, the pages wilting and warping and the photos falling out of place.

She had this idea to create an album that would face the test of time, something that her Mom could show off proudly. For me, this was an amazing opportunity! I loved looking over these old photographs, feeling the history and seeing the way wedding photography has evolved, yet has remained the same. It was fun to scan the photos and tell a story from long ago. I also decided to scan the old album's cover and use it in the design. Although I am creating a more durable and long lasting album, I couldn't let myself part with the beauty and nostalgia I felt when I held the old one. <3

What really gets me about this project is the importance of photography. Everyday I create images and I create memories for other people. It was fun to go back to a time before me. It is fun to think that someday our children will look back on our photos and wonder what it felt like to be here.

~Leanne















2 comments:

  1. 1975! My birth year. So classic. Nothing says "Just Married" like getting pelted by hand fulls of rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very touching! And a great idea to preserve some of our most memorable photos.

    ReplyDelete