Monday, April 20, 2009

In the Darkness we seek light..


Paul, Chris Smith and I, all decided to go out and explore last wednesday night. I am very intrigued with the night, and the industrial landscape. For the past year I have been working on a series of paintings in this specific genre. 

Needing to add to my collection of reference on the subject, and needing a new photo adventure to partake in, the three of us decided to take our cameras out on a journey.













The smell of chemical filled the air, and the cold wind chilled our cheeks. The city was beautiful and dark. The silhouettes of birds dangling from wire reminded us that we were not alone. 

~Leanne


Here are a few of my paintings. 




You can view more of my work at leannesargeant.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

  1. These are AWESOME photos!!! Love the ones with the birds!!!

    And Leanne, I love your paintings. Especially those two! =)

    ReplyDelete